Commercial auto insurance helps cover the costs of an auto accident if you or an employee is at fault. This coverage can help pay for damaged property and medical expenses – even in the event of a fatal accident.
Commercial auto insurance can help protect business owners and their companies if, for example:
- An employee hits a pedestrian while driving one of the business vehicles. The pedestrian requires medical treatment that results in large medical bills.
- You swerve off the road while driving to work in a company vehicle and take out a residential mailbox.
- An employee driving to work in a company vehicle hits another car and totals it.
Get a commercial car insurance quote today to learn how you can protect your small business while on the road.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance
Consider commercial auto insurance if your business:
- Owns, leases, or rents vehicles such as cars and trucks.
- Has employees who drive their own vehicles to conduct business.
- Has employees who operate leased, rented, or owned company vehicles.
What Vehicles Are Covered Under Commercial Auto Insurance?
If you’re driving a vehicle for business reasons, having the right commercial vehicle insurance is important. So whether you’re using a four-door sedan to travel to and from business meetings or you’re towing a few tons of cargo in a large delivery truck, the right coverage can help protect your business.
A good rule of thumb is to consider if the vehicle is being operated in relation to the job. If it is, you’ll likely need business auto insurance coverage. Remember that using a vehicle to commute to and from work doesn’t constitute a need for commercial vehicle insurance.
If you’re still unsure about commercial car coverages, call us today for more detailed information. You can talk with one of our representatives by calling 432-366-8888
How to Save Money on Commercial Auto Insurance
We can help you save with benefits you can add to your commercial auto insurance policy.
Fleet Owners: Reduce Costs With Risk Engineering
Our risk engineering team can provide businesses that own a fleet of vehicles with information on how they can improve safety and avoid accidents. This can include:
- An in-depth analysis of the company’s driver safety records
- A review of possible root causes of accidents
- Recommendations on strategies to prevent accidents
Our risk engineering team can also recommend driver safety programs that could lead to savings
Our team can also help you introduce your drivers to the techniques of 3-D Driving: Drive Decisively. Drive Defensively. Drive Dependably.
Risk Engineering services may not be available to all customers. Contact a representative from The Copeland Group to confirm eligibility.